Girl safety is paramount to Girl Scouts of Alaska. There is no flexibility or tolerance for compromise when girl safety is at issue.
The Essential Eight - Always need to be followed without exception:
- Parent permission slips for any time away from the regular meeting place.
- Two adults always.
- Every troop member is a registered Girl Scout.
- First aid kit always, first aider trips of a day or more or if activity involves risk.
- Use the buddy system – teach girls to go in pairs
- Everyone has a seat belt or booster seat for children 8 and under and uses it when traveling.
- PFDs (lifejackets) when boating/lifeguards when swimming
- Adult to girl supervision ratio – follow Safety-Wise guidelines
Volunteer Essentials - General Safety Information for Girl Scouting