New badges available!
Why Get Outdoors?
The outdoors plays a key role in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Girl Scouts has been getting girls outdoors for over 100 years and continues to encourage girls to learn about the natural environment around them.
- Outdoor spaces support physical play
- Time in nature improves concentration and creative reasoning
- Nature provides novelty and challenge enhancing leadership
- Instill a sense of discovery and curiosity
- Girls are more self-aware, cooperative, and become better problem solvers