Over the past several years we've heard
from girls, parents, and volunteers across the council. You've given
us valuable feedback, input, and suggestions on programs and events.
Thank you. We've taken all that feedback and used it to redesign how
we offer program so that we better meet the needs of our girls.
As we head into a new Girl Scout year, we want to share with you some of the exciting ways we've adjusted our program based on your input.
You want new and exciting programs. And, to be able to do program with girls that you aren't comfortable facilitating yourself.
- We're working to add new program partners throughout the council. For example, we'll be doing our first ever SCUBA event this year! We'll add new programs throughout the year so make sure to check the events calendar.
- We'll keep and refresh popular existing programs. Programs like summer camp and Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day will all receive a refresh.
You want flexibility in how and when you participate.
- Each month we'll offer a Patch of the Month based on a central Girl Scout theme. These patches will include events you can attend, activities you can do on your own, a virtual program, and more.
- We'll offer a program webinar each month so that you know all the ways you can participate. We'll post a recording in case you can't listen live.
- We've redesigned Women of Science. Instead of events on only a few dates in a few locations, we'll offer STEM events throughout the year. These events will be focused on specific STEM topics (think food science instead of general STEM). Events will be offered all school year in communities throughout the council.
You want to connect with girls from across the council.
- Each month we'll offer a virtual program. Girls from across the council will be able to join together to learn from an adult expert (think a cold water diver who studies Alaskan sea animals). We'll also provide you with hands-on, accompanying activities you can do at your physical location. If possible, we'll record and post the program in case you can't participate live.
You want to help girls understand how all the fun they are having translates to gaining Girl Scout skills.
- Every month we'll include the "Girl Scout Connection" and how to "Make the Connection" information on program webinars, Patch of the Month handouts, and in program event confirmations. We'll give you ways you can help girls uncover the skills they gained.
You want more notice about program offerings.
- We'll post program offerings to our online calendar as soon as we have them confirmed.
- We've revised our registration policies and have a new, easier to use, online registration system.
We're also retiring some programs. Sometimes attendance in a program shrinks and girl interest shifts. We also have to make way for new program. We know it can be hard to lose something you've loved participating in. Just imagine all the new things you'll get to explore! Programs that we won't be offering in the upcoming year include Troop Camp at Togowoods and the Japan Friendship Exchange. Want ideas on how you can do something similar to any of the programs we're retiring? Email us and we'll help you with ideas.
Of course, we're always open to continued input. Every time you particpate in a program, you'll receive a link to a survey so you can give us feedback. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas or suggestions!
We look forward to see you at Girl Scout programs this year!