View flyer here.
Troops who complete five of the activities below by October 31, 2021
will earn the Be a Sister patch for each girl in the troop (patches
will be mailed to the Troop Leader). The troop will also be placed in
a drawing for:
• Free attendance at Encampment (includes site fee and girl fees),
with priority session selection, OR
• A party for the troop with food and Girl Scout activities.
1. Check your troop’s meeting details in the participation catalog.
Ensure there are open spots (if possible) and that the meeting
details are correct.
2. Host a Girl Scout table during events at schools connected to
3. Contact 2-3 friends and invite them to become Girl Scout
volunteers—sign at least one up.
4. Host a “bring a friend” event in September or October. Invite
local girls to attend and join your troop – sign at least two up.
5. Share the Be a Sister social media posts with families in your
troop. Ask them to share it within their network.
6. Work with your council to distribute flyers in your local
community. Generic flyers can be found here, and you can contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more personalized flyers.
7. Host a Girl Scout table at a family-focused event in your community.
8. Identify three skills you’ve gained by being a Girl Scout
volunteer, and share those via your social media channels, encouraging
others to get involved as volunteers.
9. See if you can get your troop announced at a local sporting
event, school announcement, or faith community service. Invite others
10. Help your Girl Scouts write a brief note describing why they
love Girl Scouts and share it via social media with your network.
11. Wear your Girl Scout uniforms to school and pass out invitations
to other girls to join Girl Scouts.
BONUS: Troops can also earn Fill Your Troop incentives during the
month of September. Find more information here.
Submit the online form by October 31, 2021 to indicate which
activities your troop completed for the challenge.