Summer Job Opportunities
We’ve made the hard decision not to hold in-person camp this summer due to COVID-19. Please check back in the fall to apply for summer 2021!
The Extraordinary Adventure of Working at Camp
If you’re passionate about changing the world and positively impacting a child’s life, aren’t afraid of hard work, and want a job that is fun, exciting and energizing then there’s no better way to spend your summer than working as a Girl Scouts of Alaska camp team member!
Each summer, our camp team from across the United States works together toward one common mission – to help every girl who attends camp develop courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
We would love for you to apply to join our staff team if you:
- Possess excellent character
- Accept supervision and act on feedback
- Exert enthusiasm, patience and understanding
- Are able to work with kids for several hours on your feet without a break
- Inclusively relate to and work with a wide range of peers
- Work from a place of positivity and are solution oriented
- Have current First Aid/CPR certification (or can obtain it before the start of the camp season)
- The ability to communicate openly, honestly and directly with peers and your supervisor.
- The willingness to create an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone. Simply put, drama, gossip, cliques or mean girl behavior are not tolerated at our camps.
- The ability to disconnect from technology and contribute to a cohesive staff team
- The ability to ensure the emotional and physical safety of campers by observing and assessing behavior, enforcing policies and applying appropriate programming
We hold our staff to extremely high standards because our goal is to bring together a team who can change the world. If you work at a Girl Scouts of Alaska camp, you will work together with others who are passionate about positively impacting children’s lives and making the world a better place.
In order to do this, we hire staff who aren’t just good or great – they’re INVALUABLE. We look for people who are always working at peak performance, even when they are tired, not feeling well or it’s raining outside. We hire people who are always committed to holding themselves to the highest standards to positively impact children’s lives.
There’s more to learn about the Extraordinary Adventure of being a camp team member! Keep exploring:
- The Camp Staff Experience
- What you Gain from a Summer at Camp
- Staff Expectations/Standards
- The Application Process: Becoming a Camp Team Member
Questions? Contact Chief Mission Officer Amanda Block, 907-273-0316