For over 100 years, we have helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to blossom into their best selves. From our earliest badges in electricity, aeronautics, and natural sciences to today’s all girl robotics teams and cookie entrepreneurs, girls have challenged themselves through our skill-building opportunities, worked with inspiring role models and developed lifelong friendships.
If you are committed to making a difference, seek work with lasting impact and want to help build girls of courage, confidence and character who make Alaska and the world a better place, Girl Scouts of Alaska is hiring a Customer Service & Volunteer Support Specialist based out of our Anchorage, Alaska Office. Girl Scouts of Alaska offers a robust benefits package with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life Insurance, and a 403(b) with employer match. Pay for our Customer Service & Volunteer Support Specialist starts at $23.50 per hour.
The Customer Service & Volunteer Support Specialist is our inside sales representative and is responsible for providing excellent customer service to potential new member leads, resulting in increased girl/adult membership. The Customer Service & Volunteer Support Specialist will maximize recruitment efforts by initiating and pursuing communications strategies and protocols needed to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members and plays a key role in identifying and improving lead conversion techniques. They are responsible for executing volunteer engagement, support and appreciation strategies. This role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality volunteer trainings and other engagement opportunities. The Customer Service & Volunteer Support Specialist works cross departmentally to increase member retention and renewal rates, Net Promotor Scores and volunteer satisfaction scores.
- Committed to the policies and mission of the Girl Scout organization and willing to become a Girl Scout member.
- A team player.
- Able to build and leverage relationships to drive qualified membership and volunteer leads.
- Able to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with volunteers, parents, staff, girls and families.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to organize and carry out a multifaceted workload.
- Able to communicate effectively over technology (Skype, email, telephone, etc.).
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight, effectively manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines, take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful experience recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems (Salesforce experience preferred).
- Highly organized, ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Travel throughout council jurisdiction as needed.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer and talk on the phone for up to 8 hours a day.
- Manually operate office equipment.
- Lift and carry at least 35 lbs.
- Complete an annual background check.
Girl Scouts of Alaska is an equal-opportunity employer.