For over 100 years, we have helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to blossom into their best selves. From our earliest badges in electricity, aeronautics, and natural sciences to today’s all girl robotics teams and cookie entrepreneurs, girls have challenged themselves through our skill-building opportunities, worked with inspiring role models and developed lifelong friendships.
If you are committed to making a difference, seek work with lasting impact and want to help build girls of courage, confidence and character who make Alaska and the world a better place, Girl Scouts of Alaska is hiring a Community Engagement Specialist based out of our Anchorage, Alaska Office. Girl Scouts of Alaska offers a robust benefits package with generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life Insurance, and a 403(b) with employer match. Pay for our Community Engagement Specialist starts at $23.38 per hour.
The Community Engagement Specialist drives membership growth under the guidance of the Recruitment Manager. They are responsible for securing increased girl and adult volunteer participation needed to implement the council’s membership growth strategy. They are responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing comprehensive year round recruitment plans for girl membership growth and leading the council’s strategic membership growth strategy. The team fosters and enhances strong relationships with adult volunteers and corporate and community partners working cross-functionally to increase girl and adult membership ensuring a great customer experience. Position is based in the council office in Anchorage, with regular travel throughout the Council region.
- Committed to the policies and mission of the Girl Scout organization and willing to become a Girl Scout member.
- A team player.
- Able to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with volunteers, parents, staff, girls and families.
- Able to work independently with minimal
oversight, effectively manage multiple projects while meeting
- Able to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Able to organize and carry out a multifaceted workload.
- Understanding of and committed to organizational diversity.
- Successful experience recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal, and virtual delivery; experience developing and implementing action plans to meet/exceed deliverables; and experience working collaboratively to reach collective goals. Must have outstanding customer service skills including speaking in front of groups, calling potential members on the phone, and working with community members to recruit girls and volunteers.
- Strong technical skills, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), as well as the ability to quickly learn new proprietary technology.
- Access to automobile in working condition. Proof of meeting state requirements regarding auto licensing, driver’s license, and liability insurance.
- Travel throughout council jurisdiction as needed.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer and talk on the phone for long periods of time.
- Manually operate office equipment.
- Lift and carry at least 35 lbs.
- Complete an annual background check .
Girl Scouts of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer.